Friday, July 29, 2011

First few days

It's Saturday here and I have finish my first two out of three days of training. I'm hoping that they give me my books on Monday! Otherwise my first classes on Tuesday are going to be very hard! The classes are all repetition, repetition, repetition. Coral reading with round robins, teacher say, students repeat etc. There are a lot of classes to learn the structure for so that it going to be the hardest thing. I have my doctors appointment on Monday and then more training and then observing in the afternoon till 8:50pm.

I'm nervous about Tuesday but anyone would be upon entering a class like this. The hardest thing is that while I've been training and before they've had substitute teachers. So I have to break them of habits and such. Onto more exciting things...

I found my way home last night from my school which was a miracle. I asked a few people where the Siji E-mart was and got pointed in the right direction (it was about a block away). This morning the reinforcement guy came to fix my shower. Now I have a shiny new shower head and hose. :D Then I just went for a walk. Found out that my debit card does not work at the ATM for NH Bank. Maybe it'll work at a bigger one. I went shopping and decided to buy only the amount of food and such that I had cash for and then try to buy it with my credit card. My credit card worked so I "checked" my food bag unstairs then ran down stairs to grab a fan. Operation: Not Dying of the Heat has commenced.

Last night as I was walking home I heard, "Misse, Misse!!" You have to say Miss-eu. Anyway. He ran over and introduced himself and asked if he could walk me home. At first I was hesitant but then we got to talking. He just likes to talk to English speakers to improve his own. He offered to buy me a coffee to continue our conversation but I told him I was too tired. Not to mention hungry. He was really nice and explained a lot about random bits of Korean facts.

So all in all I'm having a great time despite the heat. I'm sure I'll have more to say later!

No comments:

Post a Comment