Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fanny Fatigue

That's right, fanny fatigue. This is the result of sitting on two planes for a total of sixteen hours (so far). Right now I'm sitting in the Seoul Airport waiting for my Check-in Counter to open. I'm worried about the flight since it's pouring outside AND there's thunder/lightning. I will be more than annoyed if my flight is delayed. Mainly because I can't call anyone to tell them this is happening. I do suppose that I could find a payphone somewhere.


Anyway, back to the beginning. I had a wonderful send off from my Mom, Dad, Sister and brother-in-law. I wont lie, I almost lost it. Alan helped me get my luggage inside the airport in Portland and I made it through all the security. The plane ride was short and I was fortunate enough to be sitting at the emergency exit and next to a very nice man. He turned out to be the one in charge of Sugar Loaf (a ski resort).


Detroit was big, though later I'll tell you about how small it is in comparison. I got off my Portland flight with plenty of time to run around and check things out. They even had a tram to get to one end to the other! The country mouse in me went, "WEEEEEEEEE!" I met up with some very, very nice people from the Taejon Christian International School. They gave me all kinds of advice and such about Korea and traveling. Not to mention they were kind enough to give me their business card so that if I need to get in touch with them I can.


The main flight from Detroit to Seoul was uneventful and I sat next to yet another family from the Christian School. They were also very nice and traveling with some very cute kids. I have no managed to grab a little food and a drink. Paying with Won it was about 4,000 (so weird). Well I'm off to investigate why there's no one at the desk yet with only two hours to go until my plane. More later!

1 comment:

  1. I've "almost lost it" on more occasions than I can count. I'm glad you are there safe and sound and that I got to hear you this morning, even if briefly. I miss you already.

    ReplyDelete