Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Travel

Back to writing! Not much has happened over the last month or so. I've hung out with good friends, Kyung Jun, Dan, Campbell and Nick a lot. Robert has come back from the States and it's been great to see him again.

Nick, Dan and I went bowling the other day. Dan kicked our buts! Nick had never been, what he called, "big ball bowling" before so that was pretty funny. I haven't been doing anything outside the city because I'm trying to save money for my next big trips, Japan and Thailand/Cambodia. Once Japan is done then I'll start planning my next trips for around May/June. I'm thinking China and maybe Malaysia.





My friend from high school (NMH) came to visit from Iksan. We had a blast. We joined up withSeth, Camille and a new friend named Tiger (well his Korean name translates to Tiger). We went downtown and when to a few bars and then even dancing. That's right I said dancing. It was great. We were in a club named Frog and it was packed! I mean you can barely move kind of dancing. It was fun none the less though.


Next week is my birthday so I'm super pumped up for that. I'm actually going to be flying to Japan on my birthday! Nick and I have our bus/KTX tickets booked so now all we have to do is actually get to the bus station for our 7am bus. It's going to be painful! In Tokyo we have our hostel booked. We're playing most of our weekend by ear since we're not sure how to navigate the city all that well. It's HUGE so we're going to have small ideas and see where they take us. The only thing that's planned is a tour of the Imperial Palace. We had to apply for that so hopefully it'll be worth it. We also want to go to Harajuku where Lolita is popular Lolita is a cutesy fashion that resembles doll like innocence. Yeah they really do dress like this. I'm excited to see it!!

After Japan we have Thailand and Cambodia. Below is our itinerary for that huge trip! I'm so excited. We're going to Siem Reap where we can see Angkor Wat. We're staying in a hostel run by Canadians who are awesome, already. They're going to help us get a taxi for the day (costs about $30 for three days of driving, it's crazy. Then they're going to help us get a bus/train to Thailand. In Thailand we're first going to Bangkok and staying there for three days. Then it's off to Bottle Beach on Koh Phangan for basically five days before heading home. I'm planning on hiking, scuba diving (or at least snorkeling), riding elephants and getting pampered. Nick and I also have the 26th off since it'll take us the majority of the 26 to get back to Daegu. I'll be posting a long blog about Japan when I get back! Don't worry Nick and I are registered with the US-Gov about where're we're going just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment