Sunday, October 9, 2011

Costco!


The land of Western Awesomeness.




Those silly western people building up, in Korea we dig down! Three floors to be exact.
Do you want door swag? It's a must have for this season.


Natural Chips that I have been told taste totally disgusting.

So much stuff!

I have found heaven! That's right now I can supply my addiction.

Unlike the rest of the photos this one needs some explaining. If you've ever been inside a big bulk store there's always a food court. Cheap, really bad for you food may be purchased there. If you buy a hotdog there are onion dispensers for toppings. You crank it and minced onion comes out. In Korea this is considered to be a "Side Dish." They load a HUGE amount of onion on their plates, add ketchup and mustard and mix. This is a tiny example.

My first Costco trip was successful but everything there is expensive. While they do have some cheese and random western items it's so expensive that I can't understand why the Koreans shop there. For me it's likely going to be a bi-monthly event. Next time you go to Sam's or Costco try out the onion side dish.......as long as you don't breath on anyone for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Umm... I think I'll skip the mustard, onion, ketchup concoction for the rest of my life and be good. YUCK!

    Were the Altoids super expensive, too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, they weren't that bad. Getting to Costco is a big a a haul but worth it.

    ReplyDelete