Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My life so far

School:

It’s been a long time since I last wrote here. My classes have been going well. On Monday we start the next session (number 8). This is the last session until we start over again. My classes range just like they did at home. Some classes are like pulling teeth, trying to get the students to answer questions and such. Other classes are noisy and talkative, which I much prefer. The school is pretty nice and my manager seems nice as well. I teach Story Presentation where students have to memorize poem like paragraphs and then present them in class. The idea is to get them to memorize phrases and such. The next class is Workbook, it’s exactly as it sounds, it’s for little kids and beginners. There’s also Reading, which is self-explanatory. Listening, where we have to use possessed CD players to play small conversations and then ask questions about it. Wednesdays are completely different; it’s more low key and shorter classes. Overall I’m having a good time; the classes are all idiot proof and explained out. All I have to do is manage the students and create questions and also figure out how to make the lessons fun!


Life:

It’s been a whirlwind of an adventure so far. Last Friday I went out with Angie (Rachel’s and now my friend). We went down town to a Mexican bar. We were joined by a girl named Michelle from South Africa. Then we met up with Yun Jung, such a sweet girl! I loved hanging out with them all. The bar/food was pretty good, and we all shared a pitcher of Mojitos. By the time we left there it was about 1am. We went over to a bar called FB (Friendly Bar? Or something). I had two beers and we just talked and talked and talked. By the time we left the bar it was 3am. We got some really tasty dumplings for “breakfast” then took a cab home. By the time I got into bed it was around 5am. I was SOOO tired but it was well worth it.



Downtown

I’ve gone out to dinner a lot with the gang from work so I’ve been able to experience a ton of foods from many places. I went to the market today and bought grapes, carrots and tomatoes. I didn’t spend a whole lot. Maybe one day I’ll tackle fish and sea food dinners but not for a while. I’m not sure what I’m doing this weekend. I was going to Busan this weekend but I think I’ll stay in Daegu instead and try to find more cool places and temples etc. I’ll post pictures and such later.

Cold Noodle Soup


1 comment:

  1. This night was epic. It was nice being able to talk to you afterwards.

    ReplyDelete